Immunonephrology Working Group (IWG)
|Immunonephrology Working Group (IWG) is an official working group of ERA-EDTA|
The Immunonephrology Working Group (IWG) of the ERA-EDTA was established in 2009 to encourage research, teaching, communication and education in the field of immune system dysregulation.
- Glomerular, tubular, vascular immuno-mediated renal diseases;
- Immune mechanisms in pathogenesis and progression of renal damage;
- Immune-mediated damage in kidney transplantation.
The reason behind the creation of an ERA-EDTA WG in immunonephrology
- There are several active groups in this field, competing at international level;
- There are many young people interested in this topic;
- Immunopathology covers an area which Nephrologists need to know and which must have more visibility for the benefit of the entire Nephrology community;
- It is extremely difficult to get financial support from industry for research in this area: a cooperation of all parties involved is needed to attract funds.